Vegan Green Bean Casserole
Everybody will want to eat this casserole thanks to our fabulous Everybody Eats Crackers!
1 pound Green Beans (rinsed, trimmed and cut in half)
Frontier Co-Op Magnesium Salt, Black Pepper, Onion Powder
2 Tbsp Melt Butter
2 medium shallot (minced)
1 cloves garlic (minced)
1 cup finely chopped cremini mushrooms
2 Tbsp Wildly Organic Almond Flour
3/4 cup Vegetable Broth
1 cup Elmhurst Almond Milk
2 cups ‘Crunched’ EveryBody Eat Cheese-Less Cheese Crackers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Boil 3 cups of water until it bubbles. Add green beans and cook for 7 minutes, then drain and place in an ice water bath to prevent further cooking.
3. Set your cooked and dried green beans into a baking dish.
4. In the meantime, start preparing your sauce.
5. In a large skillet over medium heat, add Melt Butter, shallots, and garlic.
Season with Frontier Co-Op Magnesium Salt and Pepper and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add mushrooms and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Season heavily with Onion Powder. Cook for 3-4 minutes more or until lightly browned.
7. Sprinkle in Wildly Organic Almond Flour and whisk to stir and coat the mushrooms, garlic, and shallots. Cook for 1 minute, then slowly add in veggie stock, whisking to incorporate.
8. Add Elmhurst Almond Milk next and whisk to stir again.
9. Season with a touch more salt and pepper and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low to thicken.
10. Cook for 5 minutes more, or until thick and bubbly. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
11. Pour mixture over green beans.
12. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
13. Sprinkle crackers on top for added crunch half way through baking. Be sure to cover the entire dish.
14. Serve warm.