3 Delicious & Plant Based Independence Day Recipes
We believe in celebrations with out the sacrifice of healthy and delicious food. Enjoy your 4th of July celebrations with these traditional (and Peter Rubi approved) recipes!
1. Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
Keto | Paleo | Plant Based
- 4 cups of chopped cauliflower (try to keep each piece roughly an inch in size)
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 cup of minced dill pickle
- 2/3 cup of vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onion
- 3 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp of pink salt
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped green pepper (be sure to keep the seeds away!)
- 1 tsp of avocado oil
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
2. Use a baking sheet and carefully line it with parchment paper. Place your chopped cauliflower onto your baking sheet and carefully drizzle your avocado oil evenly over each piece. Roast the cauliflower for roughly 30 minutes. Each piece should appear lightly brown and tender to the touch.
3. Add your salt and pepper to the cauliflower after it is done baking. Let the cauliflower cool slightly before proceeding to step 4.
4. In a large bowl, combine your vegan mayo, mustard, chopped dill pickle, celery, green onion and green pepper. Add cauliflower and mix everything together. Taste and season with your paprika and onion powder. Be sure to toss everything together so the seasoning is well distributed.
5. Store your salad in an airtight container and allow it to chill for up to an hour before serving.
2. The Best Baked Beans
Plant Based | Heart Healthy | Protein Packed
- 3 15 oz. cans of Navy Beans
- 3 shallots (minced)
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of dried mustard
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeeze apple juice
- 1 teaspoon of avocado oil
- 1/2 cup of water (distilled preferred)
1. Grab a large frying pan and place your minced shallots and avocado oil in a pan and toss until golden brown in color.
2. Open your cans of navy beans and gently drain any access liquid. Rinse the beans and set them aside.
3. Mix your tomato sauce, brown sugar, molasses, maple syrup, dried mustard and apple cider vinegar in pan and gently warm the mixture.
4. Add the shallots and stir carefully.
5. After shallots have been added, slowly add in the water and apple juice until the sauce appears to be slightly thinner yet not to runny. Stir for roughly 15 minutes on medium to low.
6. Place your beans in a baking dish and slowly pour your sauce over the beans and mix everything together.
7. Bake at 350 for 90 minutes with a cover. Remove the cover after 90 minutes and bake your beans for another 30 minutes.
3. Red, White & Good for You "Mock-Tail"
Heart Healthy | Plant Based | Gut Friendly
- 2 cups of organic dark cherry juice
- 2 cups of fresh coconut water (to be frozen as ice cubes)
- 3 freshly squeezed limes
- 2 freshly squeezed oranges
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
1. Mix your liquids together and stir generously.
2. Add in your frozen coconut water ice cubes and frozen blueberries for color.
3. Enjoy healthy drinking!